Pilates - 10 Sessions
Join Angela for a Mat Pilates session.
This 45 min class is held weekly on Thursday at 4:45 pm.
10 consecutive sessions held in the privacy of a secluded air conditioned studio.
Mat-based Pilates is a series of exercises performed on the floor using gravity and your own body weight to provide resistance. The main aim is to condition the deeper, supporting muscles of your body to improve posture, balance and coordination
Pilates consists of moving through a slow, sustained series of exercises using abdominal control and proper breathing. The quality of each posture is more important than the number of repetitions or how energetically you can move.
Pay by Credit Card Online via Bill Pay
The health benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
These sessions are run consecutively with an upfront payment of $150 for 10 sessions. Missed sessions will be void.
PILATES & GENERAL PRECAUTIONS
Although Pilates is a low-impact form of exercise, certain people should seek medical advice before embarking on a new program, including:
- people who have recently had surgery
- pregnant women
- people aged 40 years or more
- people with a pre-existing medical condition such as heart disease
- people with pre-existing musculoskeletal injuries or disorders
- anyone who has not exercised for a long time
- people who are very overweight or obese.